Physical Education (P.E.)
Every class attends P.E. once a week, where the students learn to exercise their bodies and have fun while doing so. The class begins with stretching and then moves onto a variety of musical and gross motor skill games. Games such as, "The Chicken Dance", and musical hugs, and gross motor activities such as soccer ball kicks and parachute play, all encourage group participation and exercise. Our goal is to learn how to strengthen and condition our muscles in many creative formats.
CBE Preschool offers a wide variety of enrichment classes to carry the fun and learning past our regular school hours. Children have the option of staying from 12-2 pm and participating in these fun, hands on, and educational experiences. Options may include:
- Lunch Bunch-Children have the option to stay each day after class ends to enjoy lunch with their classmates and friends. Lunch may either be brought from home or purchased, the favorite among all students being Pizza Wednesdays!
- Tumblebus-Cheerfully decorated, the Tumblebus is a gym on wheels designed for preschoolers, which is filled with fun equipment and provides a unique way to receive physical activity.
- Petit Chef Creations-A hands on cooking class that engages the children through sensory exploration, measurements and textures. They make delicious and healthy goodies that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy their own creations.
- Super Mario Sports-Coach Mario introduces the children to the wonderful world of sports using high energy techniques and a colorful environment. Each session introduces two sports, including, soccer, baseball, bowling, volleyball and dance.
- Little Picasso-A whimsical art class designed for preschoolers, the children are introduced to the masters and using their imaginations and creativity, create their own works of art.
- Mad Science-In this highly interactive class, the children are introduced to the world around them through science and experimentation. Questions of "Why" and "How Come" are encouraged.